This Publication Scheme is a complete guide to the information routinely made available to the public by the Emsworth Surgery.
How much does it cost?
The publications are all free unless otherwise indicated – see ‘Cost of Information’
How is the information made available?
The information within each Class is either downloadable from the practice website at www.emsworthsurgery.co.uk or available in hard copy from the Practice Manager. Requests for information need to be made to the Practice Manager in writing.
Your rights to information
- The Freedom of Information Act 2000 recognises that members of the public have the right to know how public services are organised and run, how much they cost and how the decisions are made.
- From January 1st 2005 it will oblige the Emsworth Surgery to respond to requests about information that it holds, and is recorded in any format and it will create a right of access to that information. These rights are subject to some exemptions that have to be taken into consideration before deciding what information it can release.
- In addition to accessing the information identified in the Publication Scheme, you are entitled to request information about the Emsworth Surgery under the NHS Openness Code 1995.
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you are also entitled to access your clinical records or any other personal information held about you and you can contact the Practice Manager to do this.
If you have any comments about the operation of the Publication Scheme, or how we have dealt with your request for information from the Scheme, please write to the Practice Manager
CLASSES OF INFORMATION
Our commitment to publish information excludes any information that can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000. The main reasons for exemptions are the protection of commercial interests and personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This applies to all Classes within the Publication Scheme. The information on this Scheme is grouped into the following broad categories:
1. Who we are
The Emsworth Surgery provides services in accordance with a personal medical services contract held with the NHS England. A map of the practice area is available in North Street House and on the Surgery web site.
Key Personnel: These are shown on the Practice web site.
2. Our Services
The range of services, opening hours, out-of-hours services and contact numbers are available from either the web site or from the Surgery Practice Leaflet.
3. Financial and funding information
The Emsworth Surgery receives money from the East Hants PCT, in exchange for services provided for patients.
Information on the total income received from the NHS may be obtained from the Practice Manager.
4. Regular publications and information for the public
The following published information is available:
- Practice Leaflet
- Bi-annual Information sheet – Quack
- Numerous clinical guidance leaflets
The Emsworth Surgery follows the NHS complaints procedure; a copy of the procedure is available from the Practice Manager.
6. Policies and procedures
General policies and procedures in use within the practice include, but are not restricted to, data protection, confidentiality, prescribing and prescription, and health and safety.
7. This Publication Scheme
Cost of Information
For the most part, we will charge you only for hard copies or copying onto media (e.g. CD ROM). Charges are as follows:
[a) Via the Emsworth Surgery Web Site – no charge.
For those without Internet access, a single print-out, as on the website, would be available by post from the Practice Manager – the practice charges 33p per sheet plus a postage and packing charge. Also, requests for copies of archived documents, which are no longer accessible or available on the web, will attract an additional charge for their retrieval. We will let you know the cost, which will need to be paid in advance.
b) Leaflets and brochures - free of charge for leaflets or booklets on, for example, services we offer to the public.
Material available through this Publication Scheme is subject to the Emsworth Surgery’s copyright unless otherwise indicated. Unless expressly indicated to the contrary, it may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is done so accurately in a manner that will not mislead. Where items are re-published or copied to others, you must identify the source and acknowledge copyright status. This permit does not extend to third party material, accessed through the scheme. For HMSO Guidance Notes see www.hmso.gov.uk/guides.htm